Sunday 26 December 2010

Lord Sanderson's Commission Report 2010 to herald a new dawn for the Scottish Conservatives

The Scottish Conservative 2010 Commission has published its final report.

Andrew Fulton, Scottish Conservative Chairman, said:



"I welcome this thoughtful and comprehensive report and thank Lord Sanderson and his colleagues for all their hard work. I asked his team to come up with concrete proposals to take our Party forward, and now we have them.

"The Party Executive now has much to consider. Our party's future is important, and so too is the future of our country. We have a vital election to fight in 5 months time and we are all determined that the first priority is to get more Conservative MSPs elected.

"As regards implementation we will consider all the recommendations thoroughly and according to Party procedures and constitution. Where operational changes can be made they will be made, and I would hope sooner than later. Other aspects requiring wider consultation within the Party will involve due process and constitutional change. This is vital and important work which we must and will get right."

Annabel Goldie MSP, Scottish Conservative Leader, said:

"Scotland has now had the experience of nearly 12 years of devolution and just as I argued that there had to be a review of devolution to ensure that it was fit for practical purpose, so I backed the plan to review our party to ensure that we are fit for political purpose.

"I applaud Russell Sanderson and his team for the diligence and dedication with which they have undertaken the task they were set.

"This report is now in the hands of my Party and I do not at this stage intend to give a running commentary of its recommendations. However, I can confirm my agreement with the its broad principles which chart a way forward building upon our strengths, being honest about our difficulties, and optimistic about our future. The Party will now start the process of detailed analysis and consultation, and in the meantime I will put all my energies into the Holyrood elections.

"I am ambitious for my Party, but I am even more ambitious for my Country."

The Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party Commission 2010 report can be viewed and downloaded by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment