Thursday 30 December 2010

Labour plan to reward drivers who do what they are supposed to do....

Ok, I know the Festive Period is sometimes referred to as 'Silly Season' but the best has been saved til almost last (only one day left of 2010 - there is still time!) by Labour MP Maria Eagle, the new Shadow Transport Secretary.

"Drivers who observe the speed limit could have their road tax reduced or see points wiped from their licence, under plans being considered by Labour. (Click to read article)

As someone currently taking driving lessons, I find this a blindingly bonkers suggestion.

I don't see why I should be rewarded when I pass my Test and drive as I have been taught - safely and within the Law!

Another crazy idea, but after 13 years of Nanny State Government, nothing surprises me any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment