Tuesday 22 March 2011

It's Common Sense - I'm Not Just Another Politician!

The Scottish Parliament has been dissolved & the starting gun has been fired for the Holyrood Election on May 5th.

Let's dispel the myths before a punch has been pulled, a Labour leaflet has been popped through the letterbox to see if anyone recognises Iain Gray, a Nationalist sells Independence to the electorate like a second-hand car salesman or a Lib Dem Candidate is even selected!

Here I am: Mark Brown - The Ordinary Guy.

- I grew up on a Council Estate, had two newspaper rounds at 13 and wore my Cousin's hand me downs as a teenager (my cousin Scott that is, not Pamela!). I went to a state school and graduated from the School of Life. No silver spoon for Broon!!

- I live in the real world. I am involved in volunteering, raising funds for charities. I work with Scotland's Small Businesses helping them in these tough economic times.

I'll stand up for what I believe is politically & socially right for Scotland.

I'll also bring a human element to the campaign. I'm flawed. I don't have all the answers. I sincerely hope that each and every one of my opponents will have the honesty to admit it also. If they don't, won't or can't - then I'll let you make up your own mind!

What Scotland needs is a change. Scottish Politics needs more than career politicians. It needs those who have a wealth of real life experience to draw from. It needs people who are honest & transparent. It needs Mark Brown.

Putting it simply: I'm not just another politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment